The Management Committee currently employs
three members of staff, plus three sessional Play Workers funded by a grant from the
Lloyds TSB Foundation & one Nursery apprentice:
- Kenny Farrar - Centre Manager
- Craig Halstead - Assistant Manager
- Pamela Farrar - Admin. Assistant
- Karen Moseley - Play Worker
- Miswa Mahmood - Play Worker
- Carole Stead - Play Worker
- Naila Bibi - Nursery Apprentice
Additionally, Sparth Nursery currently
employs a further three member of staff:
- Beverley Clayton - Nursery Leader-in-Charge
- Bernice Percival - Senior Nursery
- Wendy Jones - Nursery Assistant
Other Centre user groups, and classes within
the Centre, are dependant on staff employed by outside agencies (for example,
Rochdale MBC and Hopwood Hall College) and volunteers.
The Community Centre's main source of
funding is Grant Aid from Rochdale MBC, however, external funding is vital for
the continued development of the Centre, its services and its User Groups. Our
current and recent funders include:
Sparth Community Centre
- Community Foundation For Greater
Manchester - targeted funding support.
- Rochdale MBC - small/members grants
towards cost of 25th Anniversary Celebration, Boules Pitch maintenance,
Evergreen Luncheon Club & Friday Dance Group Christmas lunches.
- Lloyds TSB
Foundation - grant to allow us to re-launch our After School Club, Girls
Group & Saturday Club in September
2011, following their closure at the end of March 2011, when Rochdale MBC
withdrew funding. Subject to satisfactory monitoring/evaluation, this grant
will fund the three childrens' groups for two years.
Sparth Saturday Club
- Awards For All -
grant to purchase new equipment & resources, to promote a 'Promoting
Community Cohesion Through Play' project.
- Rochdale MBC/Rochdale SureStart -
Nursery Education Grant each term, to fund nursery places for children aged
3 & 4 years old.
- Rochdale And District Play Action
Council (RADPAC) - supports our Playscheme for children aged 5-11 years with grants at Easter & Summer
- Awards For All - funding
of Easter & Summer 12-14s playschemes in 2011.
For More Information Contact:
Sparth Community Centre Association
Norman Road, Rochdale, Lancashire OL11 4HS, UK
Tel: 01706 527276
FAX: 01706 868380